FREQUENTLY ASKED CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTIONS:
State / Local Reference Guide (Product Requirements Responsibility)
Prior to purchasing traffic safety products, please check with the FHWA's manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD). Also please keep in mind that each state / local government may have unique and specific requirements for use, reflective sheeting and approval of traffic safety devices.
It is the responsibility of the customer, purchaser and or user of the product to determine that the product to be purchased meets the specifications for their unique application and obtain from SC Supply Company, LLC or our supplier / manufacturers any necessary certifications before use / purchase. SC Supply Company, LLC will not be held liable for any items ordered which do not meet those unique specifications and all return polices apply.
SC Supply Company, LLC accepts all government agency purchase orders, all other purchase orders with approved credit, Federal Government Impact Cards, Visa, Master Card, Discover and American Express. For overseas transactions, we accept wire transfers (Call our accounting department for more information)
Invoices are subject to a 2% service charge per month on past due balances.
We retain a purchase money security interest as collateral in the products supplied to you until full payment for all products is received.
Changing Your Order
If an order is changed after it has been prepared for shipping and has not yet shipped, the order is subject to a change of order fee of no less than $10.00
There is a $150.00 minimum order on traffic safety orders excluding FlexStake® items. If your order does not meet the minimum, your order is subject to an under minimum order fee of $25.00.
To return an item:
- Special order items cannot be returned for any other reason than faulty product.
- Returns will only be accepted with prior approval; credit will not be issued on unauthorized returns and will only be given on defective items.
- If you have a return for any reason other than a defective item, we will exchange the item(s) for a similar product, you will be issued an in-house credit less a 25% restocking fee and all freight charges.
- Call our Customer Service Department at 800-640-1843 for authorization. Please be prepared with the following information:
- Invoice or order number, if available
- Item number and quantity to be returned
- Reason for return
- Upon authorization you will be instructed where to ship your return.
- Requests for returns must be made within 14 days after purchase.
- There will be a 25% restocking fee on all returns other than defective goods or shipping errors (minimum charge of $25.00).
- No returns will be allowed on special orders i.e.; customer imprinted items or items manufactured in a special customer requested color, unless items are defective.
- Returns will not be accepted if not in original condition, items will be returned to you at your expense and no refund given if it is determined that the items have been used or not in original condition.
If for any reason a package is lost or an item damaged in transit, we assume full responsibility for filing claims. Just follow these simple instructions:
- Count the number of cartons. This must be the same as shown on the packing slip. If not, sign the freight bill short before driver leaves. Any sign of damage to the package(s) must also be noted on the freight bill.
- Check shipment immediately and report discrepancies immediately. Shortages will not be allowed if not reported within 72 hours of receipt of goods.
- UPS / FED-X will not always deliver all cartons on the same day. Make sure the number of cartons shown on the packing slip has been received before claiming shortages.
- If a shortage has been called in, but late received, please notify us immediately so paperwork can be corrected.
Freight Deliveries & Shipping
- Minimum shipping and handling fee $19.98
- Unloading of goods is the responsibility of the customer and may require a forklift. We make every effort to inform you if a forklift will be needed. Drivers DO NOT offload.
- Additional charges will be added to your invoice for deliveries returned to the freight carrier or if additional shipping charges are incurred.
- On normal shipments, exact delivery dates and times can not be predetermined.
- If approved to use your own shipping company there will be a charge of 5% of your total order to cover packing charges not to exceed $50.00
What if I cancel my order or refuse delivery?
- If for any reason you decide to cancel your order once it has been shipped (please see RETURNS above)
- If you refuse delivery without authorization from SC Supply Company, you will be charged a 25% or $25 restocking fee (whichever is greater) plus all freight charges.
- In addition, if a credit card was used to pay for your order and the order has been charged, a 9% processing fee will be incurred and deducted from any credit to be received in order to cover the fees SC Supply Company, LLC has been charged.